IT Support Certification Programme with Job Placement
What is the IT Support Certification Programme with Job Placement?
IT Support jobs enable you to enter the IT industry, while gaining essential knowledge, confidence and skills, with the goal of moving into more senior job roles in the future.
Having these fundamental skills provides a framework for you to be able to progress to other sectors of the industry too, such as Network Administrator, Cyber Security, Cloud Architect, and DevOps, which are all often considered to be futureproof careers.
The IT Support with Job Placement Programme has been developed to do two things for you - firstly, to provide you with the necessary training to be able to work within an IT Support job. Through our training, you will gain the skills and knowledge required to be success inside an IT Support role. Upon completion of the training and practical labs we guide you through the second part of the programme – the Job Placement.
Supporting your career development into a new IT Support (or similar) job, we will take you and your new skills and introduce you to our large existing pool of employers, all of which are actively looking to recruit new employees with your skillset. To ensure the process is smooth and successful, we’ll be with you at every step of the way and we will not stop until you have landing a job placement.
Who is this programme suitable for?
If you’re looking to move into the Technology sector, start a career in IT & Cyber Security, or are wanting to get your foot on the job ladder with an IT Support job, this programme would suit you and your goals.
As mentioned, IT Support roles are in high demand and as such, this programme would make an ideal way to break into this industry. This programme was developed with novices in mind and so caters to those without much IT industry experience, meaning anyone can enrol.
There are also no pre-requisites, but it is beneficial if you are a fast learner with a passion for IT.
Why choose us?
With over 16 years-experience and 4,000 people placed into Cyber Security and IT sector jobs, we know a lot about the industry and process of employment. We also have access to a wide range of organisations looking to fill job roles within this sector. We will fully support you from the start of your journey right through to employment.
Out of our 4,000 delegates, a large number went on undertake successful careers in the IT industry, working as freelancers, or employed at some of the world’s best known and respected organisations.
These organisations include:
- John Lewis
- Ministry of Defence
- Swiss Quote
Enrolment, Studying and the Job Placement Process
The whole programme is both simple to enrol onto and to get started with. We have also made the job finding and interviewing process simple, as we will put you in front of our pool of organisations looking to hire.
The full process is as follows:
- Attend a no obligation face-to-face consultation
- Q&A session to help us make decisions accordingly
- Participate in an induction process and receive the locations and training schedules
- Complete the full training, including the assessments, vendor exams and practical labs
- Attend our series of recruitment workshops
- Role-play mock interviews
- Join our ‘meet employer’ days
- Interview with a series of organisations
- Work towards a job placement offer and start when successful
The timeframe for you to be ready to start taking interviews is around 6 months, with most candidates being employed within 6 to 9 months.
While the average salaries tend to be higher, there are other reason to start working in the IT sector, including excellent support and focused career progression opportunities.
Candidates from our programme usually progress into entry-level and mid-level job roles, including:
- First Line Desktop Support (£18k - £25k)
- Second Line Desktop Support (£22k - £25k)
- Network Support (£30k)
- Cloud Administrator (£30k)
- Incident Handler (£27k)
Salaries ranging from £50k-£100k+ are not uncommon in the IT sector, so there is always the possibility of working your way up into senior management positions and earing very good money.
(Source: ITJobswatch – Jan 2019)
Once this programme has been completed, you will have the opportunity to work through a series of career events, held by us, to help you secure a new job. Typically, these including attending ‘meet an employer’ events, as well as being introduced to our pool of employers, looking for talented IT professionals, like you. We help you to get your skills in front of the right employers, with the goal of securing you a new job. Our recruitment team will keep working with you and introducing you to other employers, to support you through to a successful interview and job placement offer.
It is important that you not only attend classes and pass the required exams but also attend our recruitment workshops, pass internal practical assessments and accredited certifications, during your time with us.
Unlimited Mentor Support
This Job Placement programme includes Unlimited Mentor Support, for 12 months, to help you throughout your training with us. You can ask any question related to your course, irrespective of how simple or technical it may be. To help make things even easier, a mentor can share screens with you (with your permission), to help clarify concepts, demonstrate features, perform detailed walk-throughs and help to reinforce what you have learnt.
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to our mentors for 12 months from your enrolment
- Access to a mentor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Access to a mentor is via live chat, reducing wait times to typically under a minute
- Our mentors keep up to date with technology, continue to develop new skills and earn additional industry regulated certifications. They’re passionate about all things technical and have a desire to “teach” and help new students. They’re “handpicked” to support our students, based on the topics they are being taught or learning for the first time.
- Being able to speak with a mentor to help reinforce what you’ve learnt, especially in the following scenarios:
- When you cannot find the answer yourself
- Learning a concept for the first time
- Discovering more about a new concept learned
- When you forget a concept or need help with applying them
Case Studies - What our students say about us
- Name – Christina Alexandrescu
- Course - IT Job Guarantee
- Previous Job – Admin Assistant
- Current Job – Junior Identity Access Management Analysis at Condé Nast International
- Why she recommends e-Careers - "I have already recommended e-Careers as my time with them has been a pleasure. I completed my programme without any issues and the trainers are amazing."
- Name – Eronpal Dhillon
- Previous Job – Unemployed
- Current Job – Handover Engineer at QD Tech Ltd
- Why he recommends e-Careers – "I would definitely recommend e-Careers. They supported me through every stage of my programme, be it whether I was stuck with technical skills or needed help updating my CV. As soon as I passed my first exam, the recruitment team were always sending my CV out to different employers in order to help me find a job."
- Computer basics
- Operating systems
- Computer Network
- IT Support role
- Installing Windows 10
- Performing post-installation configuration
- Implementing networking
- Implementing network security
- Managing Windows 10 with Group Policy
- Implementing remote management
- Managing storage
- Managing files and resources
- Deploying and managing apps
- Securing Windows 10
- Implementing remote connectivity
- Maintaining Windows 10
- Recovering Windows 10
- Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Managing Active Directory Domain Services
- Automating Active Directory Domain Services
- Implementing IPv4
- Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration
- Implementing DNS
- Implementing IPv6
- Implementing Local Storage
- Implementing File and Print Services
- Implementing Group Policy
- Securing Windows Servers by Using Group Policy
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Planning and provisioning Office 365
- Managing Office 365 Users and Groups
- Configuring Client Connectivity to office 365
- Planning and configuring Directory
- Planning and deploying Office 365 ProPlus
- Planning and managing Exchange Online
- recipients and permissions
- Planning and configuring Exchange Online
- Planning and configuring Skype for Business
- Planning and configuring SharePoint Online
- Planning and configuring an Office 365
- collaboration solution
- Planning and configuring Rights Management
- and compliance
- Monitoring and troubleshooting Office 365
- Planning and configuring identity Federation
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above